Privacy Statement Rijk Zwaan
In this statement we explain our policy on the processing of personal data. We describe which personal data we process, how we meet privacy principles and data subject rights.
Who are we?
新凯时appWe are Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V. (hereinafter "Rijk Zwaan" or "we"). This privacy statement covers all our processing activities and therefore also if we process personal data together with other parties (including an affiliated company abroad). Rijk Zwaan is a controller and responsible for the processing of personal data processed by or on behalf of Rijk Zwaan.
新凯时appIn this statement we explain our policy on the processing of personal data. We describe which personal data we process, how we meet privacy principles and data subject rights.
This statement relates to information that we process from business partners and contacts, Rijk Zwaan visitors, visitors to our website, suppliers, applicants and all other Rijk Zwaan relations.
Rijk Zwaan uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication. We use your contact details to contact you, for example for questions about a product or service. Furthermore, to inform you about our services and to keep you informed of promotions and offers and to invite you to events. If you have shown interest in our products and services, we use your personal data to send you information about products and services of Rijk Zwaan companies and its direct business partners. Where possible, we adjust this information in accordance with your preferences.
- Acquisition. To bring Rijk Zwaan to the attention of potential customers.
- Performance of a contract. If you are a Rijk Zwaan customer or supplier and you order products or services from Rijk Zwaan or its affiliates, we use your personal data to process your order.
- Acceptance new customer. In certain cases we test the creditworthiness of our customers, suppliers or other relations. We can use an external agency for this.
- Application procedure. We process personal data for the job application procedure. For this we refer to our websites: .
- Laws & regulations. We process your personal data if we are obliged to do so on the grounds of legislation and regulations, e.g. in case of an alleged infringement of third party (intellectual property) rights.
- Supervision and security. To ensure the safety of our staff and our customers and to prevent theft, the Rijk Zwaan offices and premises are equipped with cameras.
- Photo/video. Rijk Zwaan takes photos and makes films of events, visits to suppliers / growers and uses this visual material with consent on the website, in brochures or other expressions.
- Use applications. For certain Rijk Zwaan applications you will need to register and login and we use your personal data for identification.
- Technical and statistical purposes. To assess whether Rijk Zwaan's website and other applications offer an optimal user experience. We use personal data for the technical and functional purposes of our web applications that you use. With this information we can manage and improve the quality of our web applications.
- Marketing analyses and research. We use your contact details to invite you to participate in surveys, customer panels and test panels. We also use your data for generic market research.
- Your preferences. We use your personal information and preferences to make offers and provide you with customized information that is tailored to your preferences and interests.
- Direct marketing. We send marketing e-mails and commercial statements and / or information about Rijk Zwaan.
Rijk Zwaan processes personal data on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a contract. We process personal data for entering into or executing a contract.
- Legitimate interest. We process personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, for example sending marketing messages to our partners.
- Legal obligation. We process your personal data if we are obliged to do so on the grounds of legislation and regulations.
- Consent. We process personal data if an individual has given permission for the processing of personal data for specific purposes. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
Does Rijk Zwaan share your personal data with third parties?
Yes, Rijk Zwaan uses third party processors for processing activities, such as hosting, translations and other services. Rijk Zwaan and its affiliated companies operate worldwide and share personal data if this is necessary to provide you with the aforementioned information, products and services. We always do this in a careful manner and for this we take the required organizational, technical and contractual measures to ensure that your personal data is protected. If this is required by law, we will share your personal data with the relevant authorities.
How long do we store personal data?
新凯时appRijk Zwaan does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary. We only retain your personal data to achieve the purposes described above for which your data is collected. If you want to know the purpose and retention period for a specific personal data item, please contact us.
How does Rijk Zwaan protect your personal data?
新凯时appRijk Zwaan has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures against loss or unauthorized processing of personal data. For this purpose, Rijk Zwaan uses various security techniques, including secure servers, periodically executed software updates, firewalls, encryption and physical security of the locations where the personal data is stored.
Data subject rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation data subjects have several rights:
- Right to information and access: You can request an overview of personal data that we process from you;
- Rectification: If you believe that we have incorrect information about you, we will adjust it;
- Right to be forgotten: You can request us to delete the personal data that we process from you. It is possible that we need your personal data for other purposes (for example for our administration and legal obligations) and we still have to process this data;
- Restriction: You can request us to restrict the processing of your personal data if you think that we are processing your personal data wrongfully or incorrectly;
- Objection: If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will terminate this processing activity as soon as possible;
- Data portability: If you wish to have your personal data transferred to a third party, please contact us;
- Withdrawing consent: Your given consent for the processing of your personal data can be withdrawn at any moment.
Do you want to use one of your rights? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org新凯时app. After receiving your request, we will respond as soon as possible.
Links to other websites and social media
Links to websites of third parties are included on various Rijk Zwaan websites. This privacy statement does not apply to these third-party websites. Rijk Zwaan is not responsible for these websites or the processing of personal data by these websites of third parties.
In case you have any questions about this privacy statement or the processing of your personal data you can contact us via email@example.com.
新凯时appFurthermore, you have the right to file a complaint to the supervisory authority; in the European Union you can contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens in the Netherlands.
We may change this privacy statement over time.
This privacy statement was last changed on 30 January 2019.